GENUINE HOSPITALITY LIES AT THE HEART OF FORBIDDEN ROOT: Here at Forbidden Root, the Host acts as the first point of contact for each guest. As the face and voice of the company, the host must have a friendly, welcoming demeanor and adequate knowledge to answer guest inquiries.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES (But not limited to)
● Responsible for welcoming our guests and seating them
● Answer phone calls and give information on reservations, availability, restaurant hours and other possible questions
● Keep track of the waiting list and table rotation
● Take orders over the phone and pack prepared take-out orders
● Maintain professional, composed and calm demeanor at all times.
● Assist in a full team effort.
Our ideal candidate will have:
● Strong communication skills.
● Strong interpersonal skills.
● Knowledge of food service regulations
● Knowledge of relevant technologies, such as POS systems
● Organization skills; ability to be organized in a changing environment.
● Ability to maintain a calm professional demeanor at all times.
● Ability to stand for long hours.
● Ability to reach, bend, squat and lift while on the shift.
● Ability to carry items weighing up to 50 pounds up to 10 times per shift.
Any additional job details you'd like to add (benefits, employee discount, etc.)
ABOUT FORBIDDEN ROOT
Inspired by forgotten recipes, flavors, and ingredients, every beer starts with a big idea. Then we find the appropriate botanicals and build the beer, layering complexity with subtlety. We go as fresh and local as we can whenever possible. We strive for an integrated whole that doesn’t try too hard to impress. We love approachable and gloriously drinkable beers.
HOW TO APPLY
We invite you to become part of the team by applying today! Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off in person during our hours of operation.
Visit the Forbidden Root Website »