Under the direction of the shift supervisor, the Security Dispatcher performs a variety of dispatching duties for emergency and non-emergency calls; dispatches security officers to calls for service; dispatches operations and other department to call of services and operates a variety of communication equipment including radio, telephone, alarm systems, emergency notification platforms, access controls and computer systems.
• Oversee operations of the Communications Center including, radio traffic, dispatching officers, tracking of officer’s assignments, and answering departmental phones. Responsible for monitoring the property cameras, fire alarms and burglar alarms.
• Receive emergency and non-emergency call of service; dispatch units accordingly
• Determine nature and location of call, determine priority of calls and dispatch units accordingly
• Provide assistance, information and direction to non-emergency callers.
• Maintain awareness of field units’ activities within the computer aided dispatch (CAD) system; communicate with field units via radio in accordance with Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations and; maintain status and location of units in patrol.
• Input all pertinent radio transmission into CAD system.
• Communicate information, verbal and/or written instructions from fellow officers, supervisors, management, tenants and the general public. Maintain equipment control by signing out property keys and departmental radios and other equipment.
• Monitor and track contractors scheduled to work throughout the property. Monitor Parking Systems and Traffic Counters throughout the property. Monitor and calmly react to emergencies and activities throughout the center.
• Enforce property Code of Conduct with all patrons, customers, tenants, and employees consistently using the utmost professional courtesy. Properly enforce and follow all policies and procedures as designated in the Security Officer Training Manual.
• Prepare accurate and thorough security reports that document information about the incidents that occur on company property, to assist with the evaluation of safety and security of the property. Maintain a neat and orderly security filing system within the Communication Center.
• Ability to multitask
• Work under pressure, exercise good judgement and make sound decisions in emergency situations
• Advanced customer service skills
• Excellent Computer Skills
• Geographical sound knowledge of all areas of property and surrounding related properties
• Six-month related experience and or training in security, dispatching or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Preferred Public Safety Telecommunication certification.
• High School Diploma or GED required. Prior experience in Security or Law Enforcement is preferred.
• Must be 21 years of age.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English at an acceptable level and have the ability to effectively speak in public.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle and feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel, crouch and crawl; talk and hear; engage in moderately strenuous physical activity both indoors and out; and smell. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. This position works both inside and outside.
Steiner Real Estate Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org