To assist in creating a safe and orderly atmosphere in which customers may relax, shop and enjoy entertainment venues without undue concern for their safety.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Continuously patrol center including walking the public spaces, driving security vehicles and bicycles on property roadways, patrolling staircases, hallways, escalators, and elevators while observing and reporting all activity throughout the center.
• Monitor and calmly react to emergencies and activities throughout the center.
• Must be able to clearly and concisely communicate, via radio, incidents and activities to Security Dispatch. Must also be able to effectively communicate, using excellent customer service skills, a variety of information, to fellow officers, supervisors, management, tenants and the general public.
• Prepare accurate and thorough security reports that document information about the incidents that occur on company property, to assist with the evaluation of safety and security of the property.
• Enforce property Code of Conduct with all patrons, customers, tenants, and employees, consistently using the utmost professional courtesy.
• Properly enforce and follow all policies and procedures as designated in the Security Officer Training Manual.
• Maintain a neat and orderly security filing system within the Communication Center.
• Perform jump starts, and assist with vehicle lock-outs and flat tires, as needed. May also be required to perform traffic control duties during busy hours.
• May be asked to assist with Parking Enforcement from time to time.
• Other duties, as assigned by management.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• High school diploma or GED is required.
• Previous security, military, law enforcement experience or 2+ years of college coursework is preferred, but not required.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license, with an acceptable driving record, to operate company vehicles.
• Must be able to read, write and communicate in English at an acceptable level and have the ability to effectively speak in public.
• Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
• Responsible for arriving to work, being dressed, and in role-call on time for their scheduled shift.
• Attend all staff meetings, supervisor meetings and training sessions as required by the Director of Security.
• Must be able to work flexible hours as required by management.
• All officers must wear and maintain their uniform, provided to them by the company, and maintain good personal hygiene.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle and feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel, crouch and crawl; talk and hear; engage in moderately strenuous physical activity both indoors and out; and smell. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vison, distance vison, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Steiner Real Estate Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org