Server - Full-Time & Part-Time
LemonShark Poké and Makai Grill
Compensation: Tip Base Wage and nightly tip out. Average $15 - $25/hr
From Hawaii to California to Ohio, Poké is sweeping the nation! Would you like to be a part of one of the hottest new trends in food? We are looking for crew members who want to show our customers what eating fresh Poké & Makai is all about! Located in the brand New Easton Entertainment District our LemonShark Poké & Makai Grill is sure to have Columbus buzzing!
Lemonshark Poké and Makai Grill is an inviting, Hawaiian-themed establishment which offers sustainably sourced sushi-grade fish (“Poké”) and authentic hibachi-style grilled meats (“Makai”). We also offer a full bar and feature island themed drinks. We provide community-centered, table service and a counterpoint dining experience, which boasts the comfort of a sit-down restaurant and the convenience of fast-casual dining. Serving lunch, dinner, and late-night cravings daily.
Purpose of the Position
Servers will be responsible facilitating an outstanding guest experience. Servers will greet guests at tables, share about the menu, offer suggestions, and guide the guest experience from the moment the guest sits down to the time they are walking out of the restaurant. Servers must have extensive knowledge of the menu, beverage list, and concept in general to provide the best service. Servers must work well under pressure, maintain calm under during busy/high volume hours, and possess a level of hospitality, professionalism, attentiveness, and thoughtfulness that is unmatched. Servers should do the “thinking” for their tables, by providing beverage refills, maintaining the table by removing used plates and trash, and timing the courses of the meal appropriately. Servers are the ambassadors of the brand and spend the most time with each table and therefore must provide excellent service.
This is a non-exempt position that reports directly to the Restaurant Manager(s) and indirectly to others in management or supervisor roles on duty.
• At least 19 years of age
• 1-2 Years of Serving Experience
• Food Handler Safety Training Card
• Mobility (walking, standing, stooping, bending, reaching, etc.) required during the entire shift
• Ability to pick up and carry plates, drinks, glassware, trays, highchairs, etc.
• Must speak English fluently
• Reading, memorizing, recalling, writing and verbal communication skills required
• Capable of using telephone, cash register and order tablets, host desk computer interface
• Capable of basic math, maintaining checks, accurately ringing in orders
Essential Job Functions
• Regular attendance and compliance with employee handbook and training manuals
• Interact with co-workers in a friendly, enthusiastic and professional manner (i.e., a warm smile and sincere greeting)
• Greet guests at tables, take orders, ring-in orders, check back on guests
• Manage guest checks, ensure all guests pay for their checks
• Bring/Clear dishware
• Running food, drinks, beverages, sides, etc. to tables
• Ensure grill tables are serviced and assisted properly and safely
• Answer phones when host is busy or away from the host desk
• Perform basic cleaning, and sanitization practices
• Place and pick up supplies in boxes, bags, etc.
• Maintain calm under pressure, or during high volume of guests
• Provide excellent guest service as outlined in employee training materials
• Accommodate every guest request to the best of their ability
• Maintain safety of dining area by attending to any obstacles or guest belongings left in door ways or walk ways, be aware of any spills or wet floors, etc. and handle appropriately
• Practice proper food safety and food handling measures at all times
• Maintain safe & sanitary work areas
• Clean and organize restaurant as directed by Management as per daily, weekly, and extra cleaning schedules and in accordance with local and state laws related to COVID-19
• Organize and put away daily deliveries in proper storage areas
• Assist hosts, bussers, expediters, food runners, etc. as needed/requested
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Hours
• Extensive Training
• Meal Discounts
• Real Advancement Opportunities
• iPads or Tablets
• Computer/Tablet with Order System Interface
• Dish Machine & Chemicals Associated
• Walk-In Cooler & Freezer
• Undercounter Cooler & Freezer
• Warming/Hot Holding Equipment
• Plateware, Glassware, Barware, Silverware, Trays
• Soda Machine
• *Equipment used may vary as processes and recipes evolve
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies, and repetitive hand and wrist motion; working with and around hot, cold, and hazardous equipment in a fast paced and congested environment that will occasionally be loud, hot and/or physically demanding.
Apply online using link below or stop by our Easton location.
Apply Online »