Bar Tender - Full-Time & Part-Time
LemonShark Poké and Makai Grill
Bar Tenders will be responsible facilitating an outstanding guest experience for guests seated at the bar and surrounding bar area while also making/pouring alcoholic beverages for the restaurant. Bar Tenders must have extensive knowledge of the concept, main menu, happy hour menu, as well as the beverage program/recipes. Bar Tenders must be an exemplary server in order to fulfill the duties of Bar Tending—the job is more than just making drinks. Bar Tenders must work well under pressure, maintain calm under during busy/high volume hours, and possess a level of hospitality, positive energy, professionalism, and attentiveness that is unmatched. Bar Tenders are the energy of the restaurant on top of being a brand ambassador.
This is a non-exempt position that reports directly to the Restaurant Manager(s) and indirectly to others in management or supervisor roles on duty.
• At least 21 years of age
• Must speak English fluently
• 3 Years of Previous Bar Tending Experience in a High Volume Setting
• Food Handler Safety Training Card
• Mobility (walking, standing, stooping, bending, reaching, etc.) required during the entire shift
• Ability to pick up and carry plates, drinks, glassware, trays, highchairs, etc.
• Reading, writing, memorizing and verbal communication skills required
• Capable of using telephone, cash register and order tablets, host desk computer interface
• Capable of basic math, maintaining checks, accurately ringing in orders
• Capable of basic measuring relative to recipes and drink making
Essential Job Functions
• Regular attendance and compliance with employee handbook and training manuals
• Interact with co-workers in a friendly, enthusiastic and professional manner (i.e., a warm smile and sincere greeting)
• Greet guests bar/bar tables, take orders, ring-in orders, check back on guests (server functions)
• Make bar drinks according to ticket time standards and follow all drink recipes
• Manage guest checks, ensure all guests pay for their checks
• Perform basic cleaning, and sanitization practices
• Place and pick up supplies in boxes, bags, etc.
• Maintain calm under pressure, or during high volume of guests
• Provide excellent guest service as outlined in employee training materials
• Accommodate every guest request to the best of ability
• Maintain safety of bar area by attending obstacles, spills or wet floors, etc. and handle appropriately
• Practice proper food safety and food handling measures at all times
• Clean and organize restaurant as directed by Management as per daily, weekly, and extra cleaning schedules and in accordance with local and state laws related to COVID-19
• Organize and put away daily deliveries in proper storage areas
• Assist food runners, etc. as needed/requested
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Hours
• Extensive Training
• Meal Discounts
• Real Advancement Opportunities
• iPads or Tablets
• Computer/Tablet with Order System Interface
• Dish Machine, Triple Sink & Chemicals Associated
• Walk-In Cooler & Freezer
• Undercounter Cooler & Freezer
• Warming/Cooking/Hot Holding Equipment
• Plateware, Glassware, Barware, Silverware, Trays
• Soda Machine
• *Equipment used may vary as processes and recipes evolve
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies, and repetitive hand and wrist motion; working with and around hot, cold, and hazardous equipment in a fast paced and congested environment that will occasionally be loud, hot and/or physically demanding.
At-Will Statement & Job Description Disclaimer
This position is at-will. Employees have the right to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice, with or without cause. Likewise, the Company has the right to terminate employment at any time, for any reason, with or without notice, with or without cause. This at-will employment relationship will remain in full force and effect notwithstanding any changes that may occur in position, title, pay or other terms or conditions of my employment with the Company. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Nonessential functions of the job may be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and team members of the Company. The Company makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled team members and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law.
Apply Online »