Prepares food items, quantity requirements on the assigned station(s), in accordance with recipes, plate presentation and standards while maintaining a neat and clean work environment in a safe, accident-free manner while maintaining a professional environment leveraging the Good Eats Group culture standard of excellence.
- Ensure operational excellence of all food preparation and menu items according to recipe cards and correct food handling procedures. Maintain highest quality and appearance of all foods sent from kitchen and make sure plates are clean and appetizing.
- Builds stock of necessary product for service in accordance with station(s) and Good Eats Group quality standards. Maintain proper pars of production levels according to estimates on the production sheets; maintain top quality freshness.
- Use leftovers and maintain proper storage of leftovers. Label and date all food. Maintain clean and orderly refrigerators and work areas.
- Make sure that all stations are properly cleaned at end of each shift.
- Rotate all foods and correctly fill out production charts.
- During peak business periods, coordinate and expedite to accelerate service.
- Listen actively and communicate clearly while interacting with guests and team members to promote food products. Maintain working rapport with all team members for efficient operation and food quality consistency to the guests. Participate in Pre-Shift meetings inclusive of all team member to convey all necessary shift information.
- Leverage strong communication channels with General Manager/Chef(s)/Managers to foster a collaborative environment.
- Support assigned Special projects for continuous improvement and development throughout the kitchen.
- Display proper safety procedures and cleanliness standards throughout restaurant.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
• Apply guidance from GM/Chef/Managers in managing shift operations to meet food quality and kitchen production efficiencies
• Support food preparation, plate presentation, sanitation and guest service during peak periods to oversee restaurant operations
• Report any equipment in need of repair or replacement and handle as necessary
• Perform other duties as requested, such as special events, catering, parties and team meeting meetings
• Participate in continuous development and professional growth
Frequency Key: Rare, Occasional, Frequent, Constant for lifting enter estimated lbs. at 10, 25, 50, 50+ Physical Activity, Frequency
Walking, climbing stairs Frequent
Near Vision Constant
Far Vision Frequent
Lifting/Carrying (# lbs.) Occasional– 50+lbs
Assimilate into the Good Eats Group culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements training and guidance. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Good Eats Group from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
OSHA laws require the use of the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety:
- Safety Shoes (slip resistant)
- Use of gloves/mitts (latex, vinyl, plastic, fabric. metal), masks
- Back belts for heavy lifting
- Disinfectants - all day
- Grease cutter- daily or once/week
- Use of hair restraint/hat, gloves, apron, safety shoes and uniform protocol
Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned SERV Safe and Food Service Sanitation Certification and PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost equipment that does not fit properly to your General Manager/Chef/Manager.
Positions directly reporting to this position (titles):
• Chef(s)/Kitchen Managers, Daily kitchen team members
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. Considerable knowledge of mathematics addition/subtraction/multiplication/division) to create an interpret reports, input data and manage team schedules utilizing forecasting tools.
- Knowledge of cooking methods including broil, sauté, grill, live fuel, frying, shallow frying, blanching, par cooking, making soups and sauces and general food prep, proper knife handling, maintain proper temperature, sanitation, dessert knowledge required for plating specifications.
- Knowledge of food products, standard recipes, and proper preparation.
- Ability to read, write, speak English to comprehend and communicate job functions.
- Ability to safely operate complex food preparation machinery.
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to work in an environment with extreme temperature ranges (hot and cold).
- Ability to stand, walk, and or sit continuously to perform the essential functions of job for extended periods of time.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations, distinguish product taste, texture, and quality, and evaluate presentation and preparation.
High school graduate or equivalent, pursuing a culinary degree. Four-year college degree, pursuing degree in related field preferred or equivalent work experience
Minimum of one-year cooking experience one or more stations(s)
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Must be able to obtain state health department certificate for food safety, sanitation. Hold a current SERV Safe Certification. Willing to pursue BASSET and Allergy & Dietary Certifications or any other state or city health department certification requirements. CPR/First Aid certification preferred.
Email Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org