Directs and organizes day-to-day shift activities to maximize profits through outstanding customer service and consistent food quality. Responsible for all day-to-day shift operations of established financial performance, team oversight & development, food quality, reporting and physical plant maintenance. Manage a professional environment leveraging the Good Eats Group culture standard of excellence.
- Ensure operational excellence to maximize profitability, manage cost controls and achieve established business growth and marketing objectives utilizing the Good Eats Group culture standards.
- Manage daily shift functions of the restaurant operations to train, supervise, schedule, and participate in activities for all areas of the operations to meet the daily needs of the location in accordance with Good Eats Group quality standards.
- Listen actively and communicate clearly while interacting with guests and team members to promote food products. Direct staff activities for service excellence. Analyze feedback from guests, social media outlets and team members, communicate ideas and suggestions for improvement. Maintain working rapport with all team members for efficient operation and service to the guests. Organize Pre-Shift meetings inclusive of all team member to convey all necessary shift information. Monitor team performance, product quality and production flow; foster continuous improvement where necessary.
- Leverage strong communication channels with General Manager to foster a collaborative environment that generates and implement new menus and menu items for monthly, weekly and seasonal offerings that included current food and regional tastes/trends.
- Participate in sales initiatives to cultivate special catering events, themes and parties both in-house and off premise in accordance with guest’s budgetary guides and expectations. Handle Special projects and assignments for continuous improvement and development throughout the restaurants
- Audit storeroom items and direct items to maintain consistent quality products that ensure adherence to all health code requirements. Enforce safety procedures and cleanliness standards throughout restaurants.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
• Assist GM in managing shift operations to meet estimate budget forecasts
• Observe the latest trends in food & service presentation/pricing and menu offerings
• Monitor food preparation, plate presentation, sanitation and guest service during peak periods to oversee restaurant operations
• Maintain team member schedule for proper staffing
• Repair or report any equipment in need of repair or replacement
• Perform other duties as requested, such as special events, catering, parties and team meeting meetings
• Participate in continuous development and professional growth
Frequency Key: Rare, Occasional, Frequent, Constant for lifting enter estimated lbs. at 10, 25, 50, 50+ Physical Activity Frequency
Walking, climbing stairs Frequent
Near Vision Constant
Far Vision Frequent
Lifting/Carrying (# lbs.) Occasional– 50+lbs
Assimilate into the Good Eats Group culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all element’s management training and guidance. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Good Eats Group from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
OSHA laws require the use of the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety:
- Safety Shoes (slip resistant)
- Use of gloves/mitts (latex, vinyl, plastic, fabric. metal), masks
- Back belts for heavy lifting
- Disinfectants - all day
- Grease cutter- daily or once/week
- Use of hair restraint/hat, gloves, apron, safety shoes and uniform protocol.
Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned SERV Safe and Food Service Sanitation Certification. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost equipment that does not fit properly to your General Manager.ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
Positions directly reporting to this position (titles):
• Server Assistance
• Line Cooks
• Prep Cooks
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. Considerable knowledge of mathematics addition/subtraction/multiplication/division) to create an interpret reports, input data and manage team schedules utilizing forecasting tools.
- Knowledge of menu development, insight into marketing, cost and wage control.
- Knowledge of food products, standard recipes, and proper preparation.
- Ability to analyze, forecast, and make judgments to ensure operational efficiencies and production control.
- Ability to read, write, speak English to comprehend and communicate job functions.
- Ability to safely operate complex restaurant machinery.
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to supervise a large staff and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
- Ability to work in an environment with extreme temperature ranges (hot and cold).
- Effectively conduct meetings, menu briefings, and maintain communication lines between team members and management personnel.
- Ability to stand, walk, and or sit continuously to perform the essential functions of job for extended periods of time.
- Ability to effectively deal with external and internal guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy. Ability to collect accurate information from these guests to resolve conflicts.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations, distinguish product taste, texture, and quality, and evaluate presentation and preparation.
- Artistic ability to create theme menus, decorations, catering offerings, etc.
Four-year college degree in related field preferred.
At least three years in a related field preferred. Minimum of two years in management preferably in a similarly sized operation.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Must be able to obtain state health department certificate for food safety, sanitation. Hold a current SERV Safe, BASSET and Allergy & Dietary Certifications. CPR/First Aid certification required.
Email Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org