Conrads College Gifts, the Buckeye State Store, is looking for a full-time assistant manager to help build and develop our new Easton Gateway store that is just over a year old. This person will assist with everything from preparing creative product displays to helping customers find that perfect Buckeye item for the hard-to-please fan. We are looking for the right candidate to help grow the Conrads brand.
Who you are:
If you’d describe yourself as someone who loves making customers happy, is driven to succeed, is a self-starter and problem-solver, is detail-oriented and organized, gets joy from growth opportunities, and is passionate about the Buckeyes, we’re looking for you. Bonus points if you also have an interest in developing your marketing and operations skills.
Who we are:
We’re a family-owned business that has been an essential retail mainstay in the Columbus community for nearly 50 years. We’re a small but enthusiastic team that is passionate about giving our in-store and online customers the best possible experience. We care about the details, from making sure the store is clean and organized to tailoring employee training to the specific skill sets of our team members. If you’re in search of a stable, long-term role with growth potential at an established retail brand that is constantly evolving to meet consumer demand, we’d love to speak with you.
This position reports to the store manager.
A little bit more of what you would be doing:
- Assist in-store customers with product recommendations, questions, and processing sales via our POS system (We use Shopify)
- Ensure the smooth operation of the retail and online store.
- Assure merchandise is ready for sale and restocked promptly.
- Fulfill online orders, pack boxes, and process shipments.
- Tend to our online chat to answer customer questions on the website, and answer phones with customers’ questions or orders.
- Create a customer-centric customer experience from the moment the customer walks in, and educate customers about Conrads and our products.
- Maintain a high visual standard by folding and hanging shirts, dusting, and organization of general merchandise, prepare mannequins, and other in-store displays.
- Solve issues dealing with products, transactions, and any other inquiries a customer may present while in the store or on the phone.
- Possess a high level of knowledge of products and events related to Ohio State and Ohio’s Pro Teams.
- Help plan marketing strategies and promotions to build excitement around the Conrads brand.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned to ensure the continued operation of the business.
What you bring to the team:
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Ability to readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs (when on duty)
- 18 years of age or older
- Ability to lift, carry, push, or pull 50 lbs
- A true passion to work with Buckeye fans around the world
- Knowledge of Ohio’s sports teams (Ideally a fan as well)
- 3-5 years of experience in a retail store environment
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Flexible availability - including nights, weekends, and/or some minor holidays
What we can offer you:
- Hourly pay starting at $15 an hour (potential raises after 90 days and future bonuses after that)
- Paths to promotion and customizable career development opportunities
- A small, intimate family business in a low- stress environment
- Professional development opportunities like online courses and seminars
- The ability to learn E-commerce, marketing, sales, and other skills that come with running a retail store and online business
- Discounts on Easton-area restaurants and stores
- 30% discount on merchandise
- 50% employer-paid Health insurance provided after 90 days
- 50% employer-paid Dental insurance provided after 90 days
- 50% employer-paid Vision insurance provided after 90 days
- Short-term disability provided after 90 days
- Fully employer-paid life insurance after 90 days
- 21 days of PTO eligible per year after 6 months
- A fun, sports-centric work environment
Apply Online »