Conrads College Gifts, the Buckeye State Store, is looking for a part-time sales associate at our Easton Gateway store. This person primarily is responsible for restocking, preparing product displays, assisting customers, and ensuring the continued daily operations of the store.
Who you are:
If you’d describe yourself as someone who loves making customers happy, is driven to succeed, is a self-starter and problem-solver, is detail-oriented and organized, gets joy from growth opportunities, and is passionate about the Buckeyes, we’re looking for you. Bonus points if you also have gift wrapping experience!
Who we are:
We’re a family-owned business that has been an essential retail mainstay in the Columbus community for nearly 50 years. We’re a small but enthusiastic team that is passionate about giving our in-store and online customers the best possible experience. We care about the details, from making sure the store is clean and organized to tailoring employee training to the specific skill sets of our team members. If you’re in search of a stable, long-term role with growth potential at an established retail brand that is constantly evolving to meet consumer demand, we’d love to speak with you.
This position reports to the store manager.
A little bit more of what you would be doing:
- Assist customers in-store, and help with product recommendations, questions, and processing sales and returns via the POS system
- Ensure merchandise is ready for sale and restocked promptly.
- Fulfill online orders, pack boxes, and process shipments.
- Clean, mop, sanitize, dust, disinfect surfaces, and areas around the store on a continuous basis throughout the day.
- Possess a high level of knowledge of products and events related to Ohio State and Ohio’s Pro Teams.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned to ensure the continued operation of the business
What you bring to the team:
- Effective communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs (when on duty)
- 18 years of age or older
- Ability to lift, carry, push, or pull 50 lbs
- Photography and marketing skills a plus!
- A true passion to work with Buckeye fans around the world
- Knowledge of Ohio’s sports teams (Ideally a fan as well)
- 1-3 years of experience in a retail store environment
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Flexible availability - including nights, weekends, and/or some minor holidays
What we can offer you:
- Hourly pay starting at $10 an hour (potential for $11 after 90 days and future bonuses after that)
- Paths to promotion within the company (assistant manager and manager)
- A small, intimate family business in a low-stress environment
- Professional development opportunities like online courses and seminars
- The ability to learn E-commerce, marketing, sales, and other skills that come with running a retail store and online business.
- Discounts on Easton-area restaurants and stores
- 30% discount on merchandise
- Coffee, snacks, and beverages while at work
- A fun, sports-centric work environment
Apply Online »