Salary: $12 an hour
Job Type: Part-time
Retail sales, 3 years (Required)
Customer service, 3 years (Required)
Full Job Description
Position: Sales Associate
Reports To: General Manager and/or Associate Manager
Location: Store Type: Casual, Non-Exempt
Discover your purpose:
Provide customers with a unique shopping experience by offering excellent customer service. Utilize effective selling techniques and provide in-depth product knowledge in a fast-paced, specialty retail environment.
Who we are:
Our mission is to enhance the quality of our customers’ lives at home. We put the customer at the center of everything we do, every day. Our corporate values that guide our actions and decisions are our People First culture, customers, quality, shareholders, integrity, and corporate responsibility.
Who you are:
- Love to sell, can articulate a proven ability to exceed selling goals & most importantly can close a sale
- Succeed in a team environment, while able to work independently & manage your own time
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment & are constantly looking for ways to think outside-the-box
- Know what questions to ask your customers in order to understand their personal cooking style & needs
- Enjoy discovering the customer’s style, lifestyle & story to connect them to the right products
- Most successful when provided with clearly defined daily sales goals & metrics
At Williams-Sonoma you will…
- Provide sincere, friendly and energetic customer service by exemplifying World-Class service standards.
- Achieve established sales and contest goals. Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions.
- Assist customers with special services including: gift wrap, gift registry, locating merchandise, catalog orders, special orders, back orders, charge sends, courier deliveries, and furniture orders.
- Utilize effective selling techniques to build multiple sales and increase productivity.
- Demonstrate comprehensive product knowledge, including features and benefits.
- Efficiently and accurately perform register transactions i.e., sales, returns, and exchanges.
- Assist in implementation and maintenance of visual merchandise presentation, signage and lighting.
- Uphold store maintenance and cleanliness standards. Straighten, clean and help maintain stockroom as needed. Process, ticket, and restock merchandise as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
What we’re looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- 1-2 years retail sales experience, (specialty retail preferred, but not required.)
- 1-2 years customer service experience.
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
- Full time associates are expected to have open availability to meet the needs of the business. Casual associates must be available to work a minimum of four regularly scheduled shifts, two regularly scheduled shifts during the weekend* (Saturday and/or Sunday) and two regularly scheduled shifts during weekdays. Associates must be available for annual inventory and entire holiday season (November and December).
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
- Ability to operate POS system.
*Example: A Casual associate has open availability on Saturday, but does not have Sunday availability. The associate still satisfies the requirement of having two available shifts on the weekend, both just happen to be on Saturday.
Those interested in applying should come into the store and fill out an application.