Under direct supervision: Support the daily operations of retail stores. Perform a variety of routine assignments.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
* High school diploma or equivalent education; Associate’s degree preferred* One year of experience preferred
Knowledge & Application:
* Basic level of education will be required; reading, writing, and basic numeracy * Required to follow simple instructions* No formal occupational training required* Non-office based roles may operate some simple equipment under guidance and instruction
* Problems encountered will be defined, repetitive, and routine with a solution readily available *All nonstandard problems will be referred to supervisor or more experienced incumbent *Solutions are obvious or there are a finite number of clear-cut alternatives *Solutions can be reached and applied immediately
* Interaction with others is limited to own team with little requirement for internal or external contact *Basic numeracy and literacy skills required *Displays common courtesy and politeness and uses basic verbal skills
* Supports the achievement of goals through personal effort in own work area *Impact will be limited to the delivery of own work tasks which will be managed on a day-to-day or task-by-task basis *Financial/business impact will typically be considered immeasurable
* Accountable for delivery of own tasks to agreed time and quality standards *Typically no awareness of cost and profitability required *Performance measured frequently against predefined service level requirements or equivalent metric
VF Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability
At The North Face, we push the boundaries of innovation with our product design and development of premier apparel, equipment and footwear to enable and inspire athletes and enthusiasts to Never Stop Exploring. We remain deeply proud to be the first choice of the world's most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, extreme skiers, snowboarders, endurance runners, and explorers. If you have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy a fast-paced environment, this is the place for you!
As a member of The North Face retail team, you’ll serve as an ambassador of The North Face brand and help us keep our commitment to an exceptional brand experience at our retail stores.
Sales Associate Key Responsibilities:
· Top priority is providing customers shopping at The North Face with an exceptional customer brand service.
· Actively use the Customer Engagement Selling Skills to meet sales objective.
· Increase sales through the Clientele Development Program.
· Contribute to the team's working environment by adhering to the company's policies and procedures.
· Reports to the management team and regularly communicate with other store's staff and central staff.
· Lift and move product and restock merchandise as necessary. Maintain merchandise presentation and housekeeping standards.
· Communicate any potential health, safety, or material loss situations to store management.
· Is frequently required to stand. May be required to crouch, kneel, lift and/or move up to 50 lbs., and climb ladders as needed.
· Complete all non-selling tasks as required.
· Years of Related Professional Experience: High School diploma or equivalent qualified candidates must possess at least one year of experience in a competitive retail sales environment.
· Must consistently provide the highest standard of customer service while keeping focused on team objectives and excel in individual sales.
· Must be able to converse with customers on a variety of outdoor activities.
· Accuracy in communication and if assigned to handle register transactions, and when completing inventory tasks.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand.
· The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle and feel objects, tools, or controls; and stoop, crawl, kneel, or crouch.
· The employee is occasionally be required to climb ladders and balance.
· The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply Online »