Bartender, Part-time & Seasonal
Funny Bone Comedy Club and Restaurant
Currently, in over 25 cities, The Funny Bone has been bringing nationally-recognized comedians to their clubs for over 30 years. The Funny Bone is a recognized pioneer in accommodating diverse community needs. From hosting numerous charitable functions, to being the gathering place for various corporate outings and meetings, to holding children's comedy and magic shows, The Funny Bone Comedy Club and Restaurant has etched a permanent mark in comedic history.
The Funny Bone Comedy Club is looking for an experienced bartender to join the Columbus team at their Easton Town Center Club. This position requires an individual who can work in a fast-past/event-style bar setting. We are looking for an experienced bartender with a wide variety of drink recipes and can maintain a high level of customer service. The bartender will be responsible for serving customers in the cafe, making drinks for servers, monitoring the cash drawer at the bar and performing nightly cleaning duties after shows.
The Funny Bone has shows/private events every week, Wednesday - Sunday. Some private events can be on Monday and Tuesday nights. Shifts times vary in a 4 PM - 9:30 PM window on weekdays, and 3:30 PM-Midnight on weekends.
• Setting up bar prior to shows
• Stocking inventory: Beer, Liquor, Wine, Glassware, etc
• Keeping bar area clean based on the Funny Bones guidelines, as well as, local health department.
• Serving customers in Cafe areas, bartop and tables.
• Maintain an accurate cash drawer throughout the shows and account for transaction tallies at the end of the night.
• Making Funny Bone specific cocktails, as well as universal drinks.
• Making all alcoholic drinks for customers in the showroom during shows.
• Handling very busy first and second call times during shows
• Communicating with the servers and managers on 86’d items, special drink orders, spills, etc.
• General cleaning/upkeep duties prior, during and after shows.
• Maintaining communication with bar manager about availability changes and scheduling.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• High school diploma/ GED required
• 1+ years’ experience working as a bartender
• Must be able to lift 20-pound boxes and stand for an 8-hour shift
• Strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to adaptive to fast-changing levels of customers; quick-thinking
• Team player among fellow employees on the bar staff, as well as, servers, doormen, cooks and managers.
• Mixology certification is a plus.
• Employee discounts on meals
• Qualification into Easton’s Employee discount offerings to neighboring establishments.
• Opportunity to meet and serve nationally-recognized comedians.
• Free/discounted tickets to non-special engagement shows.
Part-time and Seasonal
Email: availability and resume to: Funnybonebar@gmail.com or Dustin@funnybone.com
Columbus Funny Bone Comedy Club
145 Easton Town Center, Columbus OH 43219