Hilton Columbus at Easton
To clean both kitchens, Sports Bar kitchen and Lobby Bar on a nightly basis. Maintains the cleanliness of the floors, walls, back bars and loading dock, but is not limited to only these functions.
80% Clean all kitchen floors in banquet kitchen and dining room kitchen on a nightly base. Remove mats from kitchen and clean each night. Clean all counter tops, ovens, stoves, steamer and grills on a nightly bases in all three kitchens.
10% Remove trash from kitchens banquet hallway both bars and place in dumpster. Maintain cleanliness of loading dock area keep clean and organized each night. Clean and sanitizes garbage cans and keeps liners in cans at all times.
5% Sweep floors and mop all back of house areas nightly scrub walls when instructed to or when needed.
5% Complete training for proper cleaning and storage for all kitchen equipment. Training to include sanitation through certification.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform additional duties as requested by management with the percentage of time performing each duty to be solely determined by the Executive Chef and the Executive Steward based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
All associates are required to fully comply with the rules and standards set forth by the Hilton Columbus, and Olshan Properties.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of organization of storerooms and chemicals.
- Ability to clean ovens and rolling stock.
- Ability to follow instructions, methods, and specifications pertaining to cleaning and sanitizing.
- Possess the knowledge of or have the ability to learn all Health Department Standards concerning sanitation, and storage of equipment.
- Ability to apply this knowledge to keep the kitchen at acceptable levels of cleanliness.
- Ability to work independently needing only minimal supervision. Complete daily checklists.
- Ability to concentrate and handle many tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing. Fluency in English not required, but should be able to read and understand English.
- Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to work in a 365-day environment. Ability to be reliable and punctual.
- Detail oriented.
- Visual ability to read labels and handle equipment, and follow written directions.
- Possess the knowledge of or have the ability to learn OSHA standards for chemical use.
- Ability to use finger/hand movements for extended periods of time. Finger and hand dexterity, utilizing fine motor skills, to manipulate switches, writing instruments, small utensils, etc.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Ability to move throughout the premise and visually inspect condition of equipment, and the building. This will involve bending, reaching, stooping, and lifting for extended periods of time to complete job requirements.
- Ability to work in unfavorable conditions which will be hot, noisy, and wet.
- Protect employer’s privacy and data; keep passwords safe.
High school graduate or equivalent is preferred. Experience, or training to acquire the required knowledge and skills.
One-year previous experience, preferably in a hotel setting or food industry.
Licenses of Certificates:
All Team Members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (according to the Olshan Properties Team Member Handbook).
Additional language ability preferred.
Apply Online »