Hilton Columbus at Easton
To provide professional, friendly and attentive table service to all banquet guests with an emphasis on quality and guest satisfaction in accordance with Hilton Columbus standards.
40% Interact with guests. Report or solve problems or requests. Prepare, set and break down service functions. Attend pre-shift meetings to gain information of the day’s functions, assignment of duties, and other pertinent information.
40% In accordance with Hilton Columbus standards of service, provide consistent, friendly, courteous and timely banquet service to all guests. This will include but not limited to, set up and service of various menus, clearing of settings, providing beverage service including alcohol, handling guest requests.
10% Clean, replace equipment after functions. Refill condiments. Keep storage areas safe and clean.
10% Interact with other team members in a positive manner. Attend and participate in departmental training programs.
In addition to performing essential functions, the position may be required to perform in supportive Functions as determined by Banquet Manager, Assistant Banquet Manager, Banquet Captain and the Food and Beverage Director.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the hotel from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Team Members with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Team Members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all Team Members are required to fully comply with hotel rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities set forth by the Hilton Columbus at Easton, Olshan Properties and Hilton hotels. Team Members who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and Demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable Accommodations using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to learn and understand job related skills and policies.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Possess and demonstrate a friendly outgoing personality with a desire to serve people.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to work in a 365-day environment, which may include working holidays and weekends.
- Ability to read, write, greet guests, and navigate around the property.
- Basic knowledge of mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
to maintain guest charges, handle adjustments, etc.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Possess the skills to use a computer, calculator, and other restaurant equipment.
- Ability to concentrate in high volume high pressure area.
- Ability to grasp, lift to shoulder height, and carry or otherwise move goods weighing a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and kneeling.
- Ability to remain calm in emergency situations and to effectively deal with the internal and external guests, some of whom require patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and solve guest concerns.
- Ability to use finger/hand movements for extended periods of time. Finger and hand dexterity to manipulate switches, writing instruments, a computer keyboard, etc.
- Ability to work under conditions that may occasionally be hot, wet, and noisy.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age to meet the age requirement as set forth by the State and Federal A.B.C. laws.
- Possess knowledge of how to spot fake ID’s.
- Possess a basic knowledge of beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages.
- Possess the knowledge and ability to enforce all applicable liquor codes.
- Ability to become T.I.P.S. certified within 90 days of hire.
- Protect employer’s privacy and data; keep passwords safe.
Basic education or experience to meet the required job knowledge, skills, and abilities.
High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
Minimum one-year prior experience as server.
Licenses or Certificates:
Ability to obtain TIPS certifications. Must meet all State A.B.C. requirements for serving or pouring alcohol.
All Team Members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (according to the Olshan Properties Team Member Handbook).
Additional language ability preferred.
Apply Online »