Room Attendant, Full-time
Hilton Columbus at Easton
To clean and stock guest rooms, ensuring that all guests are given professional and courteous service, while maintaining Hilton’s standards of cleanliness.
75% Clean guest rooms assigned daily. Cleaning to Hilton Standards; including all areas of guest room and bathroom while properly using chemicals. Take care of guest belongings in stay over rooms as well as lost and found items in checked out rooms.
15% Handle special requests for guests to include, but not limited to, getting extra towels, blankets, etc. Perform daily cleaning projects as directed by the Executive Housekeeper. Example: deep cleaning, VIP rooms.
10% Stock the room attendant cart with supplies and clean linen in accordance with set standards. Keep carts clean and organized per Hilton Columbus Standards. Communicate to floor supervisors or housemen when you are out of any required equipment/amenities.
10% Upon vacating the room, check the room and make sure it is completely clean. Push and pull vacuums throughout the entire room, clean the entrance last. On the assignment room list, put a “V” when the room is empty and an “O” when it is occupied. Report all mechanical, structural, and electrical defects to your supervisor or to engineering. Report any defects, including the linen and curtains to the supervisor for correction.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to
perform a combination supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the Executive Housekeeper, Director of Rooms, and the General Manager based upon the particular requirements of the Hotel.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the hotel from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Team Members with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
All Team Members are required to fully comply with the rules and standards set forth by the Hilton Columbus, Olshan Properties, and Hilton Hotels. Team Members who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Possess basic knowledge of cleaning chemicals and their proper usage.
- Possess the knowledge and ability to use various cleaning tools.
- Ability to react quickly/decisively to emergencies and requests.
- Ability to walk, stoop, bend at knees and waist, and reach above shoulder for extended periods of time.
- Ability to push or pull a cart weighing up to 150 lbs. on wheels.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry goods weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the hotel and its guests.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively.
- Visual ability to read manufacturer’s instructions, correspondence, clean rooms, etc.
- Ability to communicate in basic English.
- Ability to perform duties in a closed and confined space.
- Ability to remain calm in emergency situations.
- Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines, must be productive in quantity and quality of work.
- Ability to use finger/hand movements for extended periods of time. Finger and hand dexterity to manipulate switches, writing instruments, a computer keyboard, etc.
- Ability to work in conditions which may be hot, wet, and noisy.
- Ability to direct guests to their in-house destinations.
- Protect employer’s privacy and data; keep passwords safe.
Education or experience to meet the required job knowledge, skills, and abilities. High School graduate preferred.
Previous Hotel experience preferred.
Licenses or Certificates:
All Team Members must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance according to the Olshan Properties Team Member Handbook.
Apply now »