Qualified candidate will have the responsibility and accountability for keys to the store for the purpose of opening and closing of the store as directed by the Store Manager. In addition, this position will be responsible for obtaining or receiving merchandise, totaling bills, accepting payment, and making change for customers in our retail stores. It is a condition of employment that you are flexible with regard to hours and days worked and we may need to increase your hours or to decrease your hours based on the needs of our business. Hours of operation for the store are Easton Town Center hours and require evening and weekend staffing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Meet and greet, service, and sell multiple products to customers
2. Answer customer's questions concerning merchandise
3. Learn and demonstrate product knowledge of our Core and Approved Brands
4. Obtain merchandise requested by customer or receive merchandise selected by customer
5. Accepts payment and makes change
6. Wraps or bags merchandise for customers
7. Clean shelves, counters, tables, floors and overall store
8. Enter or remove and record amount of cash in register at the beginning or ending of shift
9. Stocks shelves, counters, or tables with merchandise and set up advertising displays
10.Receive and prepare inventory for stock
11. Stamp, mark, or tag price on merchandise
12. Merchandise store inventory according to management’s requirements
13. Open and close store as directed by store management
14. Ensure that the store is secured at closing (i.e. doors locked, safe locked, alarms are set)
15. Ability to operate Point of Sale (POS) system
16. Must be available to work nights and weekends
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• At least 1 year Retail selling and customer service experience
• High School Diploma, or equivalent
• Positive attitude and a willingness to work toward team goals
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies and procedures, and operating and maintenance instructions
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Must have an approved background report (i.e. Criminal, Credit, DMV, Social Security)
• Dress code requires the wearing of Flip Flop Shops Core or Approved footwear during work hours
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand during scheduled hours; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds. The employee must be able to distinguish colors.
*If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: EASTON TOWN CENTER
• Compensation: Hourly and commensurate with experience
• This is a part-time job. 15-30 hours per week
• We offer a very generous employee discount and fun workplace!
• Please, no phone calls about this job!