Job Description for Retail Sales & Customer Service Manager
In accordance with the established mission, policies and procedures of Cheryl’s and/or specific instructions from the District Manager, the Store Manager is accountable for all operational functions, sales expectations, customer service, human resource management, merchandise presentation and loss control program success.
• Successfully achieve the store sales plan weekly, monthly, and annually.
• Maximize sales through key item and suggestive selling.
• Participate in the development of the budget process and implement guidelines with respect to the payroll at the store level.
• Consistently provide exceptional customer service to every customer.
• Quickly and effectively resolve any customer service issue or complaint in a mutually acceptable manner.
• Ensure follow-up on any outstanding customer service issues.
• Demonstrate strong supervisory skills with a commitment to teamwork.
• Develop a strong staff through recruitment, selection, training, development and motivation.
• Follow-through on new associate’s paperwork to ensure all information is received by payroll prior to the effective paycycle.
• Direct training of new associates utilizing Co- and Assistant Managers.
• Train and develop Co- and Assistant Managers to ensure coverage in your absence.
• Manage a positive and productive work team retaining associates through team training and implementation of a career development program.
• Conduct timely exempt and non-exempt performance and salary appraisals.
• Administer dress code guidelines and insure they are 100% in compliance. This includes aprons, hats, etc., as per Cheryl’s dress code guidelines.
• Implement human resource programs and up-hold company policies and procedures.
• Ensure Store’s adherence to merchandise standards and maximize sales per square foot by interpreting visual objectives.
• Effectively maintain stock. Order supplies, inventory of product, and rotation of the product in the freezer and on the selling floor.
• Ensure adherence to the Cheryl merchandise presentation standards by following Cheryl Cheryl-O-Gram.
• Maintain good communication within the store by planning and conducting store meetings and training sessions.
• Read all memos, e-mails, and training materials on product knowledge and store operations and review with all associates.
• Communicate effectively with associates, management, and the corporate offices.
• Utilize communications binder for positive communications with staff and management.
LOSS CONTROL PROGRAM
• Uphold all waste, damage and donation guidelines.
• Demonstrate excellent follow-through with all deadlines and financial information reports.
• Research register issues, complete banking, and communicate errors to department heads.
The Store Manager must be able to handle a variety of duties involving equipment, people and information. They must have the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and be exact in performance and work well without constant direction. They must react in a positive manner, and evaluate and respond appropriately to the needs of the customers and staff. They must be able to handle a multiplicity of routine tasks, following specific instructions carefully, and general instructions completely.
• BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience.
• 3-5 years proven management experience in a food industry or retail management field.
• Experience in event/party scheduling, planning and management highly preferred.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
• Strong time management and communication skills.
• Experience in promotion and marketing of products and services offered by employer preferred.
• B2B and B2C sales experience is preferred.
• Ability to motivate associates through assignments, duties, training and incentives.
• Diversified in recruitment and training programs.
40 hours per week with the ability to work a flexible schedule according to Mall location hours. Hours may vary by season.
Most of the time will be spent on the selling floor, which is a comfortable and well lit area. Frequent travel outside store may be required for recruiting events, new business development, or to visit other locations. Attendance at the managers meetings usually held at the corporate office is required.
While performing duties of this job, the Store Manager is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, use hands to finger, handle control, and to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is frequently required to bend and twist. The associate may be required to lift up to 30 pounds on a consistent basis and up to 50 pounds occasionally. Physical effort is required in operating, repairing, maintaining, and inspecting equipment.
Please bring your resume to the Easton location and submit in person.