Conserving energy usage is one of the most impactful ways to prevent the wasteful use of energy to make sure it continues to be available. From turning the lights off when you leave the room, to turning the water off while you’re brushing your teeth, there are thousands of actions businesses and individuals alike can take.
Here are some of our larger contributions to conserving energy:
- Switching to LED lighting around the property. We’ve converted lighting in five parking garages, and added over 15,000 LED bulbs throughout the property. During the holidays, Easton’s 50-foot Town Square Christmas Tree uses LED lighting, using just 1/6 of the electricity of regular bulbs
- Automatic lighting controls are installed in utility, storage and other rooms used by Easton Management and Operations
- Dyson Airblades in the upper and lower restrooms of the Easton Station Building, and the restrooms in The Strand West. The hand dryers use up to 80% less energy than traditional hand dryers.
- Sensory technology on escalators to detect traffic and use, reducing the power needed for continuous operation
- An Energy Management System that aligns use and operation with actual need
- Reflective roofing materials on newly constructed buildings that reflect the sun’s rays back into the atmosphere, keeping the building cooler, using less HVAC energy